The RENATER network has the following specific features:
- Architecture based on dark fibre and DWDM hardware, to allow for fast speed upgrades.
- Widespread use of 10 Gbit Ethernet in the network and nx100 Gbit/s fibre.
- Architecture with a complete mesh on all the network presence points.
- The possibility of meeting the very high data rate requirements of large research projects by setting up end-to-end optical paths between the points of presence.
- 12,000 km of optical fibre
- 72 points of presence (NR)
- 150 wavelengths from 10 to 200 Gbit/s
Network availability (weathermap):
Continental France – Ile-de-France – French Overseas Territories
Share the post "The RENATER network"