scope of RENATER 1.0
As a digital operator for the French government, RENATER addresses the Education and Research community’s need for controlled and secure data transport by doing the following:
- Consolidating and developing network services at the national and international levels, and improving access and connectivity in poorly covered areas.
- Fully utilising its network asset.
- Developing security and identity federation services.
- Leading the Education and Research community through networking days (JRES), information security awareness days (JRSSI), and other events and training.
- Developing its “tailored” service, network innovation consultancy and support, security, hosting and digital services.
scope of RENATER 1.5
At the same time, changes in terms of usage have led RENATER to make its infrastructures more resilient and expand its service offering by doing the following:
- Improving access resilience throughout France and incorporating mobility.
- Strengthening its positioning as the benchmark by communicating best practices in information security and digital identity.
- Developing its videoconferencing services.
- Participating in European and international projects and actions (Open Science, GÉANT, providing expertise to NREN*, etc.).
scope ofRENATER 2.0
RENATER’s new strategic plan additionally does the following to integrate the collaborative services, data storage and hosting required for digital transformation:
- Contribute to the reliability of access networks.
- Operate the access networks if requested.
- Complete its digital service offering and continue to develop the PARTAGE collaborative suite for community use.
- Propose storage services.
- Identify hosting offerings for the Education and Research community and provide links to them via a portal.