Vendredi 13 Déc. 2013 - 0:51
- The AFNIC, (French acronym for « Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération » (the French Network Information Centre) is the manager of the registry of domain names in the following geographical areas : .fr (France), .re (Reunion Island), .pm (St. Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna), and .yt (Mayotte). It is tasked with ensuring the continuity of the French territorial space on the internet, and the accessibility of these domains from anywhere on the Internet. That assignment also includes the allocation, through registrars, of top level domain names ending with one of the geographic extensions (ccTLD) for which it is responsible (for example, « my-company.fr » or « my-family-name.wf)
For any request of domain name .fr for an approved establishment RENATER please contact the GIP which will assures the link with the AFNIC.
THE AFNIC let the GIP RENATER hold the position of domain name registrar for all the names declared in the space of naming « prd.fr ».
- DANTE (Delivery of Advanced Network Technology to Europe) is a limited liability company and a “Not for Profit” organization whose shareholders are the networks of Research (included the GIP RENATER) DANTE’s purpose is to plan, build and operate pan-European research networks. It was established in 1993 and has since played a pivotal role in four consecutive generations of pan-European research network. The GIP RENATER is member of DANTE.
- TERENA is a collaborative organization of the European networks of research which offers a forum to collaborate, innovate and share knowledge in order to foster the development of Internet technology, infrastructure and services to be used by the research and education community.
The GIP RENATER is a member of TERENA
- The RIPE is the opened forum for IP networks. The GIP RENATER participates in the meetings and the working groups of the RIPE.
The GIP RENATER is member of the RIPE NCC which is one of five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) providing Internet resource allocations, registration services and coordination activities that support the operation of the Internet globally.
- ICANN (The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) is responsible for the coordination of the global Internet’s systems of unique identifiers and, in particular, ensuring its stable and secure operation.